Mahabharata book pdf: Today we will talk about The Mahabharata in concise form because it is a very bulky and largest of all epics even in the world.
Mahabharat is one of the major epic of the two epics and the other is Ramayan. It is pronounced as Mahabharatam in Sanskrit, being an ancient, sacred and most prominent epic all over India as well as world. Originally it is in Sanskrit language but is available in different languages for convenience to other readers who are unaware of Sanskrit language.
Mahabharata book pdf
Mahabharat is an epic which elaborates about the battle between two groups named Pandava and Kaurav for the throne of Hastinapur, which was held in Kurukshetra.
It is the largest epic which houses more than 1 lakh slokas or 2 lakh verses lines and long prose passages. It has more than 1.8 million words in total, and is four times longer than the other epic Ramayana.
Mahabharata book pdf details
- Book Name –original mahabharata book written by ved vyas pdf
- Format– PDF
- Author– ved vyas
- Size– mb
- Page- 56
- Subject– mahabharata
- Language– English and Hindi
Mahabharat is traditionally ascribed to the sage named ‘Vyas’ who is a major and significant role player in this epic. First section of this epic states that it was Ganesha who wrote down the text to Vyas’s dictation but later it was claimed by some scholars that Ganesha was not involved in its drafting or framing. The background to the Mahabharata suggests the origin of the epic occurs “after the very early Vedic period” and before “the first Indian ’empire’ was to rise in the third century B.C.
The accuracy of the Kurukshetra War is unorganized. Numerous students of history predict the date of the Kurukshetra battle to Iron Age India of the tenth century BCE. The setting of the epic has a chronicled point of reference in Iron Age (Vedic) India, where the Kuru realm was the focal point of political power during approximately 1200 to 800 BCE.A dynastic struggle of the period might have been the motivation for the ‘Jaya’ , the establishment on which the Mahābhārata corpus was worked, with a climactic fight, at last coming to be considered a significant occasion.
Valmiki Ramayana PDF download
Characters In Mahabharat
Characters in epic Mahabharat who were in limelight are as follows:-
- Krishna, the Pandavas-Yudhishthir, Bheem, Arjun, Nakul And Sahdev along with their wife Draupadi
- Kauravas were one hundred brothers whose leader was the eldest brother named Duryodhan.
- The most prominent characters were Bhishma, Karna, Dronacharya, Shakuni, Dhritrashtra, Gandhari and Kunti. Some of the most important characters were Bhishma, Karna, Dronacharya, Shakuni, Dhritrashtra, Gandhari and Kunti.
- Additional characters were Balram, Subhadra, Vidura, Abhimanyu, Kripacharya, Pandu, Satyavati, Ashwathama and Amba
- Deities namely Brahma, Vishnu, Mahesh, Agni, Ganga, Indra, Surya, Yama were most significant contributors in this epic happening.
- Half Knowledge can be dangerous
- Stand for one who is right
- Immortal bond of friendship
- Not to greed
- Constant effort till end
- Being a women doesn’t make you a lesser individual
Mahabharata is an incredible epic in the Hindu religion. It is considered as a sacrosanct book by Hindus. ‘Bhagavad Gita’ is a piece of Mahabharata. The fundamental story of Mahabharata is about the two gatherings of cousin siblings known as the Kauravas and the Pandavas. Mahabharata shows us the illustration of truth, harmony and legitimacy. From the personality of Bhishma we find out with regards to positive energy and from Draupadi we figure out how to battle for our privileges. From the personality of Kauravas and Shakuni we discover that envy and vengeance ruins everything. Mahabharata shows us that decency generally wins.
Disclaimer: BooksWarrior does not own this book pdf, neither created nor scanned. We just provide the link already available on the internet and in google drive. If in any way it violates the law or has any issues then kindly mail us [email protected] to request removal of the link. We do not support piracy.
Comment for any query and feedback.