UPSC book list pdf: Union Public Service Commission, in short, UPSC is a constitutional body which is responsible for recruitment of Commissioned Officers or Grade A officers to the central government. UPSC works under the central government.
UPSC recruits various Commissioned officers like IRS(Indian Revenue Services), IPS(Indian Police Services), IAS(Indian Economic Services) and IES(Indian Economics Services). It is also responsible for recruitment of grade A officers to Indian Defence Services, Indian Medical Services, Indian Engineering Services etc.
UPSC book list pdf
UPSC works under the article 320 of our Indian Constitution. UPSC was established on 1 October 1926 and it’s headquarter is at Dholpur in Delhi.
UPSC exam is mainly related to UPSC CSE in which recruitment of IAS and IPS takes place.
UPSC exam is divided into two stages. Candidates who successfully qualify the first stage proceed further for stage two of this exam. First stage is generally known as prelims/preliminary exam and second stage is known as Mains exam. UPSC conducts its exam in offline mode.
The Mains exam takes a longer time compared to the preliminary exam.
- Prelims exam consists of two exams. First one is General Studies and Second one is also General Studies with CSAT.
- Each exam is of two hours and 200 of maximum marks each.
- First paper has 100 questions whose merit is prepared while Second one has 80 only and it is qualifying in nature.
- These two exams are MCQ based taken through OMR sheets. There is negative marking of ⅓ for any wrong answer which means if any candidate marks wrong answer then his/her 0.66 or ⅓ marks will be deducted.
- Total marks in prelims exam are 400.
The second stage of the UPSC exam is known as the Mains exam. As a whole, the main exam is a lengthy exam because it has many papers.
Exam names in mains are:-
- Compulsory Indian Language(Paper A) it is of 300 marks[Qualifying in nature]
- English exam(Paper B) it is also of 300 marks [Qualifying in nature]
MERIT BASED PAPERS GIVEN BELOW (Each exam 250 marks)
- Essay writing (Paper B 1)
- General Studies I (Paper B 2)
- General Studies II (Paper B 3)
- General Studies III (Paper B 4)
- General Studies IV (Paper B 5)
- General Studies V (Paper B 6)
- Optional Paper (Paper B 8)
- Optional Paper (Paper B 8)
These exams are merit deciding exams and each exam in mains has the time duration of maximum 3 hours.
Candidates can choose optional subjects as per their choice, it is advisable to choose the subject in which they have better understanding.
Thus mains exam grand total marks becomes 1750.
If candidates qualify prelims and mains exam then they have to appear in the personality test. The interviewee will put different types of questions related to situations management, academic knowledge, current affairs etc. It is all about personality tests. There will be a frank conversation through which candidates have to answer the questions in a nice and organized way.
Your personality test is of 275 marks. If you qualify prelims, mains and personality tests then you will get a reputed and highly respected job through UPSC. Before the job, selected candidates will have to go through Training also.
This is all about the UPSC Exam process. UPSC is known as the highly reputed and respected commission in India. It is the open-eyed dream of many aspirants to get a job through UPSC. Definitely deserving and hardworking aspirants’ future gets converted to gold after selection in UPSC.
Book list for upsc
- A brief history of modern India spectrum PDF
- Arihant CSAT book PDF Download
- Shubhra ranjan notes PDF
- History of modern india bipin chandra PDF
- Shankar IAS environment PDF
- Magical book on quicker maths pdf
Disclaimer: BooksWarrior does not own this book pdf, neither created nor scanned. We just provide the link already available on the internet and in google drive. If any way it violates the law or has any issues then kindly mail us [email protected] to request removal of the link. We do not support piracy.
Comment for any query and feedback.