GC leong geography pdf: It is one of the popular books for UPSC aspirants to cover the geography section. The full name of the book is certificate physical and human geography by GC Leong. This book is written by Goh Cheng Leong. It is highly recommended by UPSC toppers, coaching institutions and teachers.
The updated edition of the book also comes with free online resources from OUP that explain the geographical concepts with the help of animations. The book is designed in a much simple and easy to understand language, topics and concepts are explained with the help of pictures and diagrams.
GC leong geography pdf
At the end of each chapter it includes questions for self practice. Along with this book, aspirants can also use the NCERT textbook for best results. The whole book is classified into two parts. First part of the book covers physical geography and the second one includes Weather, Climate and Vegetation.
In part first it comprises 12 chapters and in part second it covers 13 chapters, so in complete it covers 25 chapters. Each topic is explained in a comprehensive manner with the help of illustrations and examples.
The book is published by the Oxford University press and recently a second edition of the book was released.
GC leong geography book pdf Contents
Part 1: Physical Geography
- The Earth and the universe
- The Earth’s crust
- Volcanism and earthquake
- Weathering, mass movement and groundwater
- Landforms made by running water
- Landform of glaciations
- Arid or Deserts landreform
- Limestone and chalk landforms
- Coastal landforms
- Islands and coral reefs
- The oceans
Part 2: Weather, Climate and Vegetation
- The Hot,wet equatorial climate
- The Tropical monsoon and tropical marine climates
- The savanna or sudan climate
- The hot desert and mid latitude deserts climates
- The warm temperate and western margin (mediterranean) climates
- The temperate continental (steppe) climate
- The warm temperate eastern margin (china type) climate
- The cool temperate western margin (British type) climate
- The cool temperate continental (siberian) climate
- The cool temperate eastern margin (laurentian) climate
- The Artic and polar climate
physical and human geography by gc leong pdf
gc leong geography book
Other useful books:
- Physical geography by savindra singh PDF
- Magical book on quicker maths pdf
- Fast track objective arithmetic pdf
- spectrum modern history pdf
- Shankar ias environment pdf
- Rakesh yadav maths book pdf
- Higher engineering mathematics bs grewal pdf
Disclaimer: BooksWarrior does not own this book pdf, neither created nor scanned. We just provide the link already available on the internet and in google drive. If any way it violates the law or has any issues then kindly mail us [email protected] to request removal of the link. We do not support piracy.
Comment for any query and feedback.